Monday 7 January 2013

sore, tired and cranky

Last night I went to derby for the first time in a long time.
I took an unplanned break in November, and we had December off.
When I went to bed last night I was feeling a bit sore. I got up and took half of a muscle relaxer, because the prescription I have knocks me out.
I knew half of 1 would be enough to help with the pain, and put me to sleep. And as long as I got a full nights rest I would be good.
So, at 11:22 I woke up to a man in the driveway, (I assume a man. Woman tend to be less rude.) beeping his horn over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
This went on for over an hour!
He also had really bad dance music cranked up so loud, it could have been my alarm clock next to my head.
I could have gone outside and yelled at him. I could have called the police.
Instead I remarked he was an asshole, and attempted to sleep through his rude behavior with no success!
Then at 4 I woke up to my son calling for me. He had a nightmare. There was a monster in his nightmare with big teeth and green hair.
He also informed me that sometimes his dad is a monster, but his hair isn't green. Which just goes to show who the fun parent is!
It's me.
In case you missed it.
I told him that the monsters in his dreams just needed a big hug then they would be his friends.
I was to tired to come up with anything better, give me a break!
At 5 he woke up again, I sent my husband in cause I was unsure walking was such a great idea due to the fact that I'm pretty sure I was asleep when I made the request.
He peed the bed. So I had to get up anyway, clean him and change his clothes. He told me he wasn't tired anymore to which I replied "Well that's to bad cause it's 5am!"
I don't think his 3 year old brain can really process how early 5am is, but I feel my tone may have conveyed it properly.
My alarm went off at 6:11am. I hit snooze over and over until about 7. At this point I dragged myself out of bed. Since I showered last night after derby I did not feel a  shower was necessary, which just shoes how exhausted I was at this point, cause at the very least even if I do shower the night before I give myself a quick rinse and wet my hair in the morning.
So I put on make-up in an attempt to look more awake and brush my hair.
At this point I remembered why I wet my hair in the morning even if I have showered the night before. I threw it into a bun, and pinned back my bangs. Then realizing how tired I looked, I unpinned my bangs, wet the hair and attempted something less sloppy.
Why?
Well I work with a guy who always comments when I look tired, but never tells me I look nice. I suppose you could say the days he is not commenting on me looking tired he is in fact feeling I look nice, however I am not that positive and prefer to think he lacks basic manners.
Which brings me to another subject. I would like to take a day and write down word for word every conversation I have. What they say, what I say, but also what I am thinking in my head that I would really like to say.
Like when he says "Gee, you look tired. Did someone not get enough sleep last night? he he he" I usually say "I am a bit tired." or "Gee thanks." I am usually thinking "Hey asshole! I am tired, you know why you poor excuse for a human being? I have a kid and a family! When I get home I don't sit in front of a tv! I make dinner, give my kid a bath, do the dishes, tuck my son into bed, then attempt to stay awake long enough to have a conversation with my husband. My son woke up 2 times last night AND I DID THE BEST I COULD DO WITH WHAT LITTLE SLEEP I GOT! WHAT'S YOU'RE EXCUSE FOR LOOKING LIKE THAT EVERYDAY!?"
But I don't say that, because I am much angrier in my head then I am in real life.
I am also a lot wittier in my head then in real life, but not when I'm tired! Honestly though, I crack myself up in my head, really you should hear the crap I come up with, usually a day or 2 after the actual conversation when said comment is no longer relevant.
I also forgot my glasses at home. Which is why when attempting to proofread this it's a little blurry, but I can still see. So I should be good for the day. I may have a headache when I am done, but I woke up with a headache, so really nothing would change.
kablammo!
 
That is all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment