Thursday 20 June 2013

Inappropriate comments

My son wears glasses. He wears glasses because he needs them to see.
I am aware of this.
I was with him for the first appointment when he got drops that dilated his pupils and he couldn't see.
I was with him when we went to store after store to find green glasses, which he now refuses to wear because the second pair we got for free are Spider Man glasses.
I paid the very large bill because his prescription in each eye is different and the lenses have to be specially made and they cost $100 a pop! (yes, $100/lense... I know it's expensive!)
I was there when he went back to see if the prescription was correct.
And I was on my way to yet another appointment with him on Wednesday morning.
Unfortunately I had forgotten the night before I wasn't coming into work the next morning, and had the bank card on me, as well as a car full of office supplies I had picked up the night before. So I quickly stopped into work to drop this stuff off with my son before we went to the optometrist.
My co-worker, who doesn't seem to do so well with adults, is great with young kids. My son is extremely shy, but he had him talking and running around very quickly. Which impressed me quite a bit. Then he had to ruin it. He looked at me, with my son standing right there and said in front of 5 other people "He's blinking allot. That's not normal, he shouldn't be doing that."

1! He's not deaf

2! I didn't notice.. OH WAIT! YES I DID! I'M HIS MOTHER!!!!!!

If there is anyone in the world that is gonna notice that there is something going on with his eyesight it's ME!!! I noticed when he initially began squinting and blinking, although we really hoped it was nothing and just our imagination.
Also, in case you missed it, I took the day off to take him to the OPTOMETRIST!
I just couldn't believe a grown man would point that out to my 4 year old son, then say it's not normal. I mean come on dude! It's not rocket science.
So of course today he asks me how the appointment went, I say "Not great. he has to wear an eye patch for the next 5 weeks."
His response "I knew it! When I saw him blinking like that I knew there was something not right. Kids shouldn't be doing that if their normal!"
I just looked at him. Apparently with a pretty mean look on my face cause he got the hint and walked away.

I just don't get some people.


No comments:

Post a Comment